planlauf/TERRAIN is designed for Windows 7/8/10 desktop and tablet PCs. It is powerful, lightweight and will work on almost any device with .NET Framework 4.7.2 and OpenGL 4.0. You can try the full version 30 days for free without any registration! If you're happy with planlauf/TERRAIN, you can purchase a license key and simply activate your trial version. Each license is valid for at least one year, e.g., if you buy a license in 2021, you'll get the 2022 version for free. If you have any questions, please send us an email. Please also have a look at tutorials.
After 30 days, the non-activated version of planlauf/TERRAIN has still all the functionality except for the import of raw data, the generation of tile files and the export of *.plfmap, *.plftrk and *.mbtiles files.
Download the latest Stable Release planlauf/TERRAIN 2021 R1: planlaufTERRAIN2021R1_Setup.exe
Download the latest Weekly-build: 20210722_planlaufTERRAIN2021R1_Setup.exe (see bottom of the page for the What's new?)
Download the Manual: planlaufTERRAIN2021_Manual.pdf
Download planlauf/SCREENSHOT to grab screenshots (see tutorial): planlaufSCREENSHOT.exe
You can purchase license keys for planlauf/TERRAIN from ShareIT/Digital River:
- Non-commercial license (private or nonprofit use, research, education): 99 € incl. VAT Buy Now
- Commercial license (everything else): 299 € incl. VAT Buy Now
These prices apply to customers in Germany, for other countries/currencies please follow the ShareIT link. Each license key allows you to install planlauf/TERRAIN on two devices, e.g., on a desktop PC to decimate Digital Elevation Models and on a tablet PC to take the models to the field.
3D Models for Selected Regions
Professional users can purchase planlauf/TERRAIN 3D models for some selected regions. The resolution is 1 meter and only whole regions are available. The regions are split into 16 km² large tile files with some overlap, include Sky-View-Factor data and are decimated with a normal deviation of 0.2. You can use the Tile Manager to display/hide individual tile files. Please send us an email for an individual quote or to request a sample. After the payment is received, we're going to copy the data to an external USB hard drive and mail it to you.
The following regions are available:
- Austria: Burgenland, Kärnten, Oberösterreich, Salzburg, Steiermark, Tirol, Vorarlberg
- Belgium: Vlaanderen, Wallonie
- Germany: Brandenburg, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt (2 m, upsampled to 1 m), Thüringen
- UK: England
What's new in the latest weekly-build?
- Fullscreen mode with F11
- Import Filter for LAZ import
- Export clipped 3D models in the plf3dm format
- Export clipped 3D models in the Three.js HTML format
- Sharing service for planlauf/TERRAIN track files, 2D maps and 3D models (tutorial video)
- Bugfix: location symbol is not shown initially when editing the track properties
- Line thickness in the Tile Manager reduced
- Massive performance improvement of the point cloud gap filling algorithm
- Bugfix: import of LAS 1.4 files crashed
- Bugfix: start or end cap was shown in the elevation profile when the track properties were shown
- Bugfix: wrong scale in screenshots for larger than screen resolution
What's new in planlauf/TERRAIN 2021 R1?
- Export of planlauf/TERRAIN 3D models (*.plf3dm) for the mobile app
- Export of Three.js HTML files
- Importing a large number of LAS files is now much faster
- Unzipping of *.gz files available via Open File Filter
- Edit tile files to create smooth water surfaces
- Improved performance of the Tiles and Shading table
- Tile Manager: Improved performance
- Tile Manager: Adding tile files to the viewport shows the progress in relation to the number of visible tile files
- Tile Manager: Indexing progress is shown
- Add Grid with selectable grid width
- While editing a track, the points will snap to the corners if they are close enough
- Bugfix: Occasional crashes of PLFMAP export for resolutions < 1 m
- Bugfix: Three.js export of pins didn't work properly with brackets
- Bugfix: Added a check to see if all tiles contain local relief data for the Three.js export